Health and Safety
Compliance to safety standards is achieved through regular and thorough internal safety. Sakh’ikhaya Suppliers recognises that the health and safety of its employees is critical to its ongoing sustainability and success, and with this in mind we have enjoyed membership of the Master Builders Association for many years. As valued stakeholders, the safety of employees, contractors and the communities in which we operate, remains of the highest concern to the company. We strive to create a culture where employees assume an equal responsibility for their own safety within their working environment.
Our key objectives are:
- to achieve and maintain the highest practical level of safety control in all areas of the groups operations
- to identify, manage and monitor hazardous risks
- to meet and where possible, exceed legal and other requirements
- to facilitate the training of both operational and safety personnel
- to ensure compliance to safety standards
- to implement and maintain best practices
System and legal compliance are regularly monitored and reviewed for effectiveness through internal and external audit processes. We strive to achieve zero fatalities across all projects.